09 June 2015

Tuesday Crustie: Belated present

Thanks to a manuscript I’m working on, I have crayfish on the brain! I went looking for some new crayfish species, and found a few I hadn’t seen before. I’m a few months behind on this one...


Cambarus callainus, yet another new crayfish species coming from the world hotspot for crayfish, the southeastern United States.

In my defense as to why I didn’t spot this handsome new species earlier, the paper describing it was published on Christmas eve...

Reference

Thoma RF, Loughman ZJ, Fetzner JWJ. 2014. Cambarus (Puncticambarus) callainus, a new species of crayfish (Decapoda: Cambaridae) from the Big Sandy River basin in Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virginia, USA. Zootaxa 3900(4): 541-554. http://dx.doi.org/10.11646/zootaxa.3900.4.5

No comments: